Friday, March 9, 2007

Life is SOOO awesome!

OK, here's the deal. I posted earlier that I had ONE Trace Adkins ticket, and didn't want to go alone. Mom didn't want to go, my friends were all busy, and whoever bought a ticket and went with me would NOT sit with me. I just had ONE ticket.

I had to go on a business trip today, and I couldn't find my black socks, so I stopped at Wal-Mart. Hang with me, this will come together shortly. While driving, I heard a contest to win tickets to Trace.

You have to listen to a song snippet, then call in and sing the next line. I know every Trace song by heart, so I started dialing. busy. busy. busy. busy. I finally got through, and I said "what caller am I?" (14 is the magic number) and she said, "Well, if you know the next line, you're caller 14!" I almost fainted. I *did* know the next line (I know EVERY line to EVERY Trace song), and I'm walking through Wal-Mart. She said I'd have to hold a while, and I got my socks and went to the checkouts. When I handed over my money, while holding my cell phone with my shoulder, my hand was shaking. My heart was beating, and I seriously thought I might pass out.

I've won things before, but NEVER have I won something that I felt I REALLY wanted with ALL my heart. I got to the car and just sat there in the parking lot. When they took me off hold, I was greeted, then they played this line, from a Trace song: "Love ain't supposed to make sense...." and I had to sing, "This ain't no thinkin' thing, right brain, left brain, it goes a little deeper than that..." and I WON!!!!! I got two tickets to the concert tomorrow night, so Kevin can go with me! I am so excited. Now, I'm just looking for a sitter. The drama continues.

***added over an hour later***

Monica has been invited to stay at a friend's house tomorrow night. I have an extra ticket. If I can call the arena that the concert is in, tomorrow, Natalie will go with us. Not only will she LOVE it, Mom will be off the hook (since I cannot yet find a sitter.) I have a third ticket, but it's nowhere near the other two seats. She can sit on our laps, but I'll have to make sure it's kosher. I don't know how this will play out, but I'd love to NOT pay a sitter, and NOT ask Mom to keep Natalie on the weekend. The lady needs a day off, for goodness sake!

No comments: