Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Countdown To Surgery

Kevin accompanied me to the plastic surgeon's office this morning. The doctor was 45 minutes late, but I never get upset at him. He spent 30 minutes talking to and comforting Kevin after my last implant failure. He really cares and gives each patient all the time they need.  If he did that for Kevin, I always think that he could be doing that for someone else.  

When he did come in, he examined me and was VERY pleased with how much the skin has softened. He explained the TRAM flap procedure and told us of the other options, and that it was our choice, but he believed the tummy was the best place for donor tissue and I wouldn't need an implant at all. We agreed.  Kevin and I had already discussed it, so we didn't have to think very hard about it.

I had a laundry list of questions, which he answered carefully and attentively. The nurse should call me in the morning to schedule the surgery. It will be 4-6 weeks from now. Late October or early November. I'm a tiny bit nervous, but MAJORLY excited. Let's get this show on the road.  I'll be in the hospital for 2-3 days, and home from work for anywhere from 3-6 weeks, depending upon how I feel.

No comments: