Sunday, September 22, 2013

Home

The doctor didn't even come by my room Saturday until around 5:00.  He said he was "on the fence" about letting me go home.  Kevin, the girls, and my buddy Brooke, had been in the room with me since before 11:00, and I know how much they all wanted me to go home.  I answered his questions and he agreed to let me go home with the condition that I see my primary care doctor within the first couple days of the week.

I didn't sleep worth a darn.  I think I'll try the recliner tonight.  The redness has gone down in my arm, but there is still a lot of heat in it.  He doubled the amount of Bactrim that I am to take.  Oh goodie.  Twice as much of the medicine that makes me feel crappy.  Oh well, if it works, it works.  I finally forced a can of soup down this afternoon, but even that didn't sound good.  I figured I should eat something before it comes time for the next dose.

I'll go back to work tomorrow and see how quickly I can get in to see our family doctor.  If I get a fever, the pain gets too much, or the redness grows, I am to go back to the ER.  *sigh*  I'm supposed to find out my surgery date this Wednesday, and I'm scared to death that this is going to delay reconstruction.  I sure hope not.

I had a little breakdown on the way to the store today.  I hate it when I do that.  Kevin doesn't know what to do and he wants to fix it.  I try not to feel defeated too often, but it hits me sometimes.  I was so naive last year.  I made it through chemo and radiation by telling myself, "By this time next year, it'll all be over."  Yeah right.

But we march on.  It will do me good to get to work and start taking some calls.  It's full-blown busy season, and it will be a great distraction.  I'd much rather be helping customers solve problems than to be dwelling on my own.

1 comment:

small farm girl said...

Welcome home!!! Here's hoping things start going your way.