Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I read this post tonight, and realized that I could have written it.  We don't "do" Valentine's Day.  Maybe a card here or there, and a special "I love you" but we just don't go all out.  I love to see cut flowers, but please don't buy them for me.  If someone gives them to you and you want to regift, sweet!  I just can't spend my bill money on flowers that are three times the normal cost.

I woke the girls and then went to work.  Kevin took the girls to school and then went to work.  Tonight I came home and started dinner.  When it was done, I finally got to relax (13 hours after I left home.)  Kevin isn't even off work yet.  He'll be home around 9.

We've been together for over 16 years, and this is our 15th V-day as a married couple.  Nobody has crazy expectations.  We just go on as if it were any other day (it is, right?) and keep going to work each day, doing what needs to be done.

Am I whining or sad?  Heck no!  We're in a better place than we've ever been.  I could make a laundry list of things I wish he'd do, but his list for me would be even longer.  However, we're content and in love and we keep on keepin' on.

I love him.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

At the end of the day...that's all that matters Rachel! It's the love you show one another on a daily basis....not on just one specific day!