Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Employee Appreciation Day

My employer has frequent Employee Appreciation Days in which they have a caterer feed us lunch. Sometimes it's burgers and dogs on the grill with all the fixins. Other times it is a potato bar, or tacos, etc. Today we're having another, and it's BBQ. I think they said beef or chicken sandwiches to choose from. I'm excited!

They don't have to do this, yet they do it several times a year. Today's event has a bonus, too! We get to spin a wheel to win cash! Everyone wins a little green, but there are a couple of sweet slots on the wheel. Last time they did this, someone won $100! It's a lot of fun, and I feel blessed to work for a company that does things like this.

Kevin got a steak dinner from his job one day last week. That was pretty cool, too, but I didn't get any. LOL Dad's worked for that company for a long time, and I think they do that occasionally. I'm not sure when or why they do it, but it's nice to get a little something extra sometimes. The way things have been, though, I'm just thankful to have a job! Kevin was unemployed long enough to make me really appreciate being employed.

I'll let you know if I win big $$. No I won't. I'll be busy spending it.

No comments: