Sunday, May 31, 2009

Another awesome summer weekend

Yesterday, we woke up and started plotting our day.  After Brett went to work (he spends Friday nights here on his Kameron weekends) we loaded up and headed to KC.  We went to City Market for a while, watching street performers and taking in the sights, sounds, and smells.

From there, we came back toward home, and veered toward Blue Springs to hit Burr Oak Woods.  Kameron was having a great day, and didn't mind at ALL that she had her lunch in her stroller at a picnic table.  We looked around inside and walked a trail.

After taking her to her mom's (to keep her until Brett got home) we came back to the house, and my BFF Tammy called.  They wanted to come visit!  WoooHooo!  We sat outside, drank beer, and had a fire in the driveway.  Yeah, I know.  However, it was wonderful to spend time with Tammy.  It doesn't happen often enough.

This morning, we headed out again.  After gassing up and washing the truck, we went to look for mattresses for the girls.  Seriously.  Theirs were hand-me-downs several years ago.  We found some cheap ones.  They won't last forever, but when your 13 year old has back aches in the morning, you've got problems.

From there, we stopped at WalMart (God help us) and finally came home.  Brett, Kameron, and Cassie (Brett's GF) came for a wonderful BBQ dinner, and we relaxed and visited.  This is why I love summer.  If you wonder why I'm not blogging much, or why I only update Facebook via mobile texts, it's because I'm out and about.

There are so many free things to do around KC, and I plan to do them all this summer.  4 times each.  I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Bookncoffee said...

Happy visiting around KC! Glad you had a great weekend. They are all way too short!
Sonya