Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Seven Random Things

1. Radiation is going fine.  Although my skin is red and a bit tender, it's tolerable.  Very tolerable.  My biggest complaint is my shoulder hurting from the position they put me in.  I took a valium today before I went and it was much easier on me.

2. My radiologist spent 47 seconds in the room with me today.  I timed it.  Meh.  Whatever.  I have a breast surgeon, plastic surgeon, and medical oncologist that I love.  At this rate, with only 3 visits left, I'll only see him for 4 more minutes.  I can handle that.

3. Busy season is...well...busy.  It's crazy busy.  We're testing software, too, so I have no lack of things to keep me busy.

4. I'm going on a road trip this weekend to meet up with Brooke.  We'll only have a day and a half, but I hope it will make up for the fact that all of my vacation and sick time went toward the cancer fund.  I have been unable to take these trips because the Neon was getting iffy, but with my new car, I can go.  WooHoo!

5. It's getting ready to get cold.  I am happy about that.  Monica's allergies will let up, and I can walk outside for relief from the damn chemopause-induced hot flashes.

6. I've completed 18 radiation treatments, and I have 15 to go.  I'm over halfway through.  I get my port removed on November 8th, and finish radiation on November 14th.  I'm nearing the end of this nonsense.  Of course, I still have to wait until late May to get the reconstruction done.  Other than that, I should be able to resume life as usual.  I hope.

7. I was wondering how long it would be before my energy returned to normal.  I found a couple of sites that said sometimes months, sometimes a couple of years, and sometimes it doesn't return.  I refuse to let that happen.  I wonder if those are the cases of women much older than me.  I just want someone to say, "On this date, you'll feel normal."  I guess that's not going to happen.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Maybe you inherited something from me. I've never had any energy, except for that period of time in the early '70's when those really good diet pills were still prescribed by quacks.

Carlene Noggle said...

praying that you get some energy! I hope the nausea and vomiting/pain has let up.I have been and will continue to pray for you and your family. You are an inspiration to all women. GOD WRAP YOU IN AND COVER YOU WITH HIS POWER OF HEALING. IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

Anonymous said...

In the years I ran an Onc practice, the women who followed up with us, ALL had return of normal energy(but it took some a while) & I am sure that will happen for you as well.

Take a Val when you need a Val. Don't do the tough it out thing. This is all tough enough.