Tuesday, August 2, 2011

HOW HOT IS IT????

It's so hot that...

HOW HOT IS IT???

It's so hot that my car gets hotter on the highway than it does on side roads!

Let me explain.  All of my life, I've known how to handle cars that overheat.  You turn off the a/c and turn on the heat.  Pull some of that heat off the engine and try to buy time until you can pull over.  Don't get me wrong, the Smokin' Hot Neon did NOT overheat.  I'm just so tuned in to my gauges that I notice a bit of a rise in the gauge.  It was a bit higher than usual for the past two days.

It wasn't nearly high enough for me to panic and pull over, or even to take the next exit.  I just noticed it was higher.  First, I turned off the a/c.  It leveled out and actually started to drop.  Still not where it usually sits, but it dropped.  (Understand that I was still over 3/8 of the gauge range from "hot")  I just kept an eye on it and kept driving.

When I got off the interstate and stopped at a light, it went back to normal.  If you are low on coolant and your car is getting hot, stopping will make it heat up that much faster.  Not today.  My car was happy to have a breather.  It got into the normal zone and I turned the a/c back on.

It was fine all the way home.  I've NEVER seen that.  I'm sure someone has, but not this chick.  It's hot.  And now, for your cliche' of the evening:

It's not the heat, it's the humidity.

You're welcome.

No comments: