Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Frozen Diet Coke, Dog Food, and Driving

We switched to a mini fridge in the computer room, instead of the drink fridge that we have on the back porch.  I think it will use a lot less electricity, and it's not out there where it gets so hot, so it shouldn't have to work so hard.  I think it's going to work great, but we're still figuring it out.

We had a lot in there when I first plugged it in, and I wasn't sure where to set the temperature control.  Half way wasn't cold enough, so I turned it up.  This morning, my Diet Coke was half frozen.  Does that make it a popsicle?  I turned it down a notch and a half.  We'll see how that goes.

Mom asked if we had two dog food dishes, and we do.  Radar eats under the stairs on the back porch, since he likes to be in a "cave" of some sort all the time.  Hawkeye's bowl is on the other side of the room.  We don't leave food out all day for them.  They get to eat twice a day.  If they don't finish it, I dump it back in the bucket.  They finish it most of the time.

I know a lot of people leave food out all day, but Hawkeye would definitely bully Radar if we weren't here, so we just don't.  I make sure they get plenty to eat, but I'm not free-feeding.  Maybe I should feed ME only twice per day.  LOL  That would get some pounds off.  For that matter, eating the same thing every meal would probably do it, too, but I'm not switching to dog food.

Dad took Monica driving some places she hadn't been before, including the Interstate!  He says she did well. The man has nerves of steel.  I would have been a nervous wreck.  She has to do it, and I'm glad she did, but sheesh.  The Interstate?  LOL  I'm proud of her.  We're 2 1/2 months from a license.  *sigh*  I'm old.

No comments: